IX Human Rights Film Festival Of Barcelona
- 1.- To promote and to create a platform for the exhibition and distribution of films with the topic of the human rights as a key element.
- 2.- To raise awareness and to strengthen the respect towards the Universal Declaration of Human Rights by the distribution of the mentioned films.
In the past edition we did the world premiere of ‘Collateral murder, Hellfire’ by Kristinn Hrafnsson and Ingi R. Ingason from Wikileaks, documentary with unpublished images, interviews to the families of victims and survivors of the attacks.
- We design a festival that received more than 3000 films this edition, with the target to create an official selection of 112 films with subject-matters of high social interest. The spinal column of the festival is to programme international film showcases, in countries with not declared war or with recent memory of invasion, war or dictatorship, occupied territories, refugees’ camps, financial crisis, and records of systematical violations of human rights.
This year we close agreements with:
- Afghanistan: with the collaboration of Autumn Human Rights Film Festival.
- Belgrade: with the collaboration of Free Zone Festival.
- Colombia: with the collaboration of AECID.
- Greece: with the collaboration of the Cervantes Institute Athens.
- Jordan: with the collaboration of Karama Human Rights Film Festival.
- Macedonia: with the collaboration of Kino Eye International Film Festival.
- Mexico: with the collaboration of Amnistía Internacional México y el Festival Internacional de Cine y Video Indígena de Puebla.
- Palestine: with the collaboration of Palestinian Cinema Group.
- Romania: with the collaboration of Romania One World Festival.
- Seville: with the collaboration of Asociación Cultural Entornos Culturales.
- Turkey: with the collaboration of Cervantes Institute Turkey.
- Venezuela: with the collaboration of Festival de Cine y video Infantil y Juvenil.
- 70% of European Short films and feature films and 30% of internacional and Spanish productions in genres such as fiction, animation, and documentary will appear in the competition. The films chosen will be a clear reflection of the central subject-matter.
In the last months the investigator was travelling around México to develop the last phase of the Festival, the pedagogic aspect:
In the last years the school desertion in grades of basic studies increased in an alarming way. There are children’s cases from 11 to 13 years that turn into candidates of the organized crime. Victims of the drug trafficking and the unemployment, come to adulthood without an integral education and with an alarming record of familiar break-up.
Along with the Mexican NGO Colectivo de Educación para la Paz, we are developing a program to visit schools with a cinema debate: Culture of Peace and Human Rights, focused in the not desertion of the students. We will try to export the same program to countries collaborators, focused in especial to the regeneration of the social textile of his nations.
Investigator and Director of International Diffusion
Personal Twitter: @Papilloncoatl
Youtube Channels: FestivalCineDH2012 , papilloncoatl7, lamiradadescubierta